Arts in Mind: Innovation World Café, London – 2 March 2017
When: 2 March 2017, 17:00-20:00
Where: ORTUS learning & events centre, 82-96 Grove Lane, London SE5 8SN
To support collaboration between artists and researchers from the Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology & Neuroscience.
The World Café will provide:
- An opportunity to share your creative interests with researchers from a diverse range of disciplines.
- A facilitated environment for collaborative ideas generation
- A relaxed and informal space to meet new people and share ideas over food and drinks
For those interested, the World Café will be followed by a collaborative project development process and the opportunity to apply for seed-funding to develop and test a new idea in projects to be delivered and evaluated in the 2017/18 academic year.
The World Café is part of a programme of workshops and seed-funding to support collaboration between researchers and artists to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the IoPPN joining King’s College London.
The programme aims to:
- Connect IoPPN researchers with artists working in shared intellectual spaces
- Support the design and development of new collaborations between academics and artists
- Seed-fund innovative proof-of-concept projects which test new ways of enhancing understanding of mental health, the brain and the mind through the arts
If you are an artist and you would like to be considered for this workshop, please send a short paragraph outlining why you would like to attend and what skills you can bring to the programme. Please submit this, together with website details if you have one, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are an IoPPN researcher and you would like to participate in this event, please register via the link at the top of this page. No previous experience or engagement with the arts is necessary.
Please note capacity is limited.